• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help! cant oc p4 2.6c w/ gigabyte

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hung

heres my main specs
p4 2.6c ht 800fsb
gigabyte 8ik1100 rev.2
kingston value ram 2x512mb ddr400

before, when i was able to oc to 3.14, stable, but now when i try and oc past 1 mhz the screen goes blank, and i have to take out the battery and reset the cmos. the only thing ive changed is the value ram, i rma'd it, and looks as if they gave me an "upgraded" version, newer sticks i guess or something.
with those of you who have gigabyte mobos, it comes with easy tune 4, where you can do it in windows, does this thing actually work? because itll set your oc WHILE your in windows, but when you restart the computer, itll go back to your stock speed, then you have to oc again. cause thats the only way i can oc right now, it shows my oc in cpu-z when i use easy tune, but thats it, any suggestionS?
thanks

Make sure you lock the AGP/PCI. KVR should O/C a little bit, but you can always try using the 5:4 ratio to make sure it's not a RAM problem.

yeah, its locked to 66/33/100, it doesnt change
yeah, thats what i was running it at before, 5:4 lol

im going to try and update the bios
its asking if i want to...
-clear dmi data pool
-clear pnp data pool
should i do both?

Last edited:
still, nothing, my oc isnt getting anywhere even after updating the bios, i dont no what else to do, sure value ram isnt all that great, but i was still able to oc it a bit lol

Sounds like you changed the ratio to 1:1. You need to change it back to 5:4.

Z

yeah, i am aware of that, my valur ram could barely oc, but it could still oc all the same. now i cant even get over 1mhz oc lol how do i change my ratio back to 5:4?

Back