• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia lan wont work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinola

last night my computer updated it's self with windows updates and installed software distribtion service 2.0 and rebooted my computer not for some reason my nvidia lan port wont work. It connects to my router fine but wont do much to send data if i plug the wire into the other port (non nvidia) it works fine.

has anyone else had a problem like this i have seen other people not being able to get the hotmal or yahoo accounts to login but not anyone with a messed up lan port. i want to be able to use the nvidaia one becuase you can config it better

Hi, and :welcome: to the forums! Sounds like an odd problem, have you tried installing the latest drivers?

I have done a system restore before the point of the update and it's still the same it was working fine noe it's stoped.

The computer will boot up and it will show up a 192.168.1.2 and have 400 sent and 2 or 3 recived i try to repair anf it says error cannot renew ip address

also there is only 1 light on the other flashs now and again

My Nvidia LAN port stopped working too, for a while on my DFI Ultra-D board. I used the other ethernet port for a while. I don't remember exactly how it broke, but I made a thread on DFI-Street.com about it and didn't get any fix for it. A while later at a different location (dorm vs parent's house) I tried it and it worked fine, running strong since.

A real puzzler.

Back