• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800Pro No Output to Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ishakir

Hello guys!

I just got done building a computer for a friend and for some very odd reason, there's nothing being output to the monitor. This is the first time I've ever worked with PCI-E and I'm wondering if I wired it correctly. I used the dongle that was supplied to me by Sapphire, seen here all the way on the right, and connected the 12V lead from the power supply. Is this the only connection that is required? I did notice 2 other inputs, one 4 pin and another 3 pin, that could have been for power.

Another odd thing that I noticed is that the gpu fan spins on the video card even without the power cord attached. I do know that the PCI interface does carry current but I didn't think it was enough to power up the card. What I mean is, is the power connection even required?

It could just be that the video card is bad and I unfortunately have no other pci-e able mobo to be sure. Is there any form of testing that I may conduct?

Thanks a ton guys!
-Ish-

I am not sure about the gpu fan starting up without the psu being plugged up, but have you changed the BIOS so that the Init display is the PCI-E(PCI) slot instead of the AGP or onboard?

The board is PCI-E only.

Even so, I can't get any sort of output to the monitor to even see the BIOS :(

If your card doesn't start up the first time, the first thing you should always attempt is a reseating of the card. Just unplug everything, and replug.

~PS~
Don't forget to turn the switch on the back of your PSU to the off position and push the on button on the front of your PC when you do a reseat. This will drain any excess current which can cause...trouble.

Back