• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ EL Plat Rev 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ukf

Registered
I was wondering if there was anybody else out there with OCZ EL Plat Rev 2 1GB (2x512) ram that wants to share their overclock...

With my mobo and proc, I'm testing right now weather or not the system's going to be stabe at 2601Mhz (10x260FSB), 1:1 ratio, 2.5-3-3-10-1T, [email protected], [email protected]... cuz it wasn't stable at 2.5-4-4-8-1T :( ... memtest kept on giving me errors on test 8...

So yeah, I was just wondering if there was anybody with a setup close to mine who wants to share their stable oc...

Thanks in advance,
ukf.

SewerBeing said:
doesnt matter much TCC5 = TCCD except its binned to a lower speed by samsung, it clocks about the same being the same IC and all

TCC5 like higher voltages, much higher than regular TCCD's. Also they get very hot when past 2.8V I know because I tested them by using thermal sensors. After doing 50/#5 memtest they have gone all the way up to 60C and after installing 2x80mm fans (vertically positioned) for active cooling temp went down to 45C under load. So if he has TCC5 I would recommend that he active cool's them if he plans to OC higher, otherwise those chips won't last long. I know cause I burned one of the sticks before :mad:

RedDragonXXX said:
TCC5 like higher voltages, much higher than regular TCCD's. Also they get very hot when past 2.8V I know because I tested them by using thermal sensors. After doing 50/#5 memtest they have gone all the way up to 60C and after installing 2x80mm fans (vertically positioned) for active cooling temp went down to 45C under load. So if he has TCC5 I would recommend that he active cool's them if he plans to OC higher, otherwise those chips won't last long. I know cause I burned one of the sticks before :mad:

Exactly. They may be similar but not the same, which is why I asked my original question. ;)

RedDragonXXX said:

I don't agree with you, I have the OCZ Plat rev.2 with TCC5 and they do 300x9 at 2.65v, They will NOT do higher no matter what voltage, in fact more voltage makes MORE errors in Memtest86+. To the original poster, mine do 300Mhz @ 3-4-4-8, not great timings but combined with this CPU at 1:1 its great. I don't want to give you false hope though, because I cannot promise you that you will have the same results as me, just that it IS possible. :)

Fizz said:
I don't agree with you, I have the OCZ Plat rev.2 with TCC5 and they do 300x9 at 2.65v, They will NOT do higher no matter what voltage, in fact more voltage makes MORE errors in Memtest86+. To the original poster, mine do 300Mhz @ 3-4-4-8, not great timings but combined with this CPU at 1:1 its great. I don't want to give you false hope though, because I cannot promise you that you will have the same results as me, just that it IS possible. :)

Its possible but unlikely. Also Fizz how stable are you with those settings can we see some benchmarks (SuperPI) and with bigger screen (I can't see anything on that screenshoot).

Fizz said:

You might be able to run at 300 Mhz perhaps, but you're timings are extremely loose. Generally speaking, it does require a bit of juice to get TCC5 flying with better timings. I think that, with about 2.9+ volts in his OCZ TCC5, he should be able to run 280 ~ 290+ with 2.5-3-3-7 or 2.5-4-3-7 timings.

deception``

full7ep.jpg

sorry about the first one, I thought it was a thumbnail :(

i can run this ram with the following settings stable... 2700MHz (300x9), 1:1 ratio, 2.5-3-3-6, [email protected], [email protected]... Runs bootable memtest perfectly fine with over 20 passes of standart tests (tests 1-8)... But at 300 fsb, my proc craps out on me at windows loading screen... probably because of the voltage... but I'm not too worried about that...

But other than that... I'm almost too loose with the timings now... the lowest stable oc my system let me have is what i have right now - 2.6Ghz (260x10), 1:1, 2.5-4-4-10-1T, [email protected], [email protected]...
I probably could get much tighter timings out of it at 2T... But that way I'd be loosing ball-*** amount of bandwidth...

PS: How do you know if your ram is TCCD or TCC5? I got mine off of newegg, the one they have right now... rated to run at 2-2-2-5-1T timings...

It's TCC5. If you got your OCZ Rev 2 for less than $200, you know it's TCC5. Also note that there should be a little "v 1.1" on the sticker of your modules.

deception``

ukf said:
well, whats better and what's the difference?

There really isn't a better. The difference is the TCC5 sticks in many cases work better with more voltage, unlike most TCCD ram. The revision F that OCZ uses is pretty much superior than then E revision used by some other companies. For the most part you probably won't see much difference between your TCC5 and TCCD sticks with the exception of voltage used. They both should get you around 300fsb.

i have a set or v1.1 tcc5 and think highley of them.
they tend not to oc high fsb as im thinking due to the mobo being a a nf3 but love tight timings.
254 2.5-3-3-7 2.9v
235 2.0-2-2-5 3.1v
im activly cooled also,but i didnt dare go over 3.1v
whats odd is they came alive at 3v and thats where most people say they dont respond,mine jumped 15 mhz :)
mine love voltage and wouldnt doubt 240 would be possible with move V

seems tcc5 is a stange beats as none seem to act consistant.some hate voltage,some love it.some like high fsb but hate tight timings.
but all in all i love mine and alot better than my utt i won.

Back