• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6200TC Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wesleyburns

Hellooo,

I have been running my 6200TC and tweeking it in 3dMark2003 and have got a score of 2940, before i started it was sitting at arround 2700.

1) Is this a good store for the 6200TC? This card came with my full system I bought which is running a Intel 3.2Ghz with 1 gig of RAM.

2) I used to have a 9600xt on my old machine, does anyone know roughly what sort of score one would get with a 9600xt running on a AMD 3000+?

3)I dont know who made my card exactly, any way of finding out, all i know it has 256mb of ram, would it be hopefuly the better 128bit one? 64 bit? I dont want to open up the box just yet, still under warrenty

Thanks,
Wes

Welcome! :welcome:

1) Sorry, I'm not really into 3dMark and I don't think I will be until I get powerful enough hardware to make it look anything more than a slideshow

2) I doubt that it would be much lower than the 6200TC. Also what AMD 3000+ is it? An Athlon XP or an Athlon 64?

3) If its a 6200 Turbo Cache then it can't have 256mb of ram, it will have 32mb/64mb (some very low amount) and take the rest from system memory. This makes the memory a lot slower than with a card with 128/256mb of RAM on it.

Hey guys, thanks for the reply's

I do infact have a 6200TC, and i have attached a pic showing the NVidia card details panel, it says its 256mb, now i also checked the windows system panel and it says there is a 1gb of free ram(and thats how much i have), so i dont see anything being shared, so is this really 256mb version, or does is it dynamically just take system memory?

And with these bought pc's does anyone know if they still have those micro switches inside where by they can tell if the case has been opened, i know its a broad question. I have a new fujitsu siemens scaleo P PC. I have been putting my own pc's together for years, and i just wanna add a fan!

Thanks Guys
Wes

Attachments

• 6200TC.JPG
    6200TC.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 90
That should be the score you should be getting for a turbocache model. They aren't really good. A regular 6200 with the pipes unlocked could push 6000+ like mine.

That 256 Mb of memory is build into the card. If the TC version is anything like a stock standard card then it is still decent and will play modern games at at least medium settings.

TurboCache cards aren't worth the fiberboard they're printed on. Forget gaming. Your 9600XT was MUCH better for that. The TurboCache cards are good for corporate desktops or laptops who'll spend the majority of their time running IE, Outlook, Office etc.

upgrading...

Hey guys

I got a 9600XT with AGP, so it wont go in my PCI-Express slot. And from what I can see, the TC at most times, does feel smoother in higher bandwidth games, but that was on AMD 3000+ Barton core with single channel memory, maybe thats why?

I have been running GTR 1280x1028 smoooooth, and a few other games, its not a bad card, hehe remember the old 5200 cards!!!! :bang head

As soon as I have the cash I wanna get a cool card, which one is best price/performance....6600?6800? PCI-Express.

Im looking around the £250 park... :santa2:

Cheers dudes
wes

The regular 6200s are much, much better than the 6200TCs and only a bit more expensive. I got an XFX 6200 256MB for $62 refurbished and it hits 7000 3dmark03 when unlocked and OC'd.

Not sure if how prices are going right now but the 6600GT appears to outperform the 6800 unless you can unlock extra pipes in the 6800 which is iffy, so I'd go 6600GT at this point, but if you can hold off a bit until the 7800GTX is more maintream the the higher-end 6800s will probably become more affordable.

Back