• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Fans is best used for thermalright xp-90

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

piznet

Registered
Dear Expert,

Would like to find what is the best fans to be used on Thermalright XP-90.
If i'm to buy the silverstone fm84xw fans for the Thermalright xp-90.

Is it a good choice.

Need some info before buying fans for my heatsink.

Any 92mm fan will work with the XP-90. A few good ones are a Vantec Tornado, or any major Delta series of fans (from low to high speed, TFB or EFB 3-blade fans). Panaflos are also good fans to use on an XP-90.

Welcome to the Overclockers Forums!

Not all Deltas are loud, all the Tornados are however. Whatever fan you decide to pick make sure it is 92mm not 80mm. and make sure you get one that is 38mm in width not 25mm.

It seems that nobody caught on to the 92x38mm sanyo denki's that put out the same static pressure as the deltas/tornados but are almost quiet when turned down and don't have the annoying whine of the tornados.

They are expensive at $16.04 but I like mine much more than the tornado I had.

http://www.techonweb.com/products/productdetail.aspx?id=A29237

They come with brackets meant for supermicro servers but they are just a normal sanyo denki fan when you unscrew it out of the bracket. They come with a small 4 pin connector, which will fit onto any 3 pin connector. This is THE BEST 92mm fan I have found in my experience for a combination of airflow when needed, and low noise when needed.

Check out the following thread. It was my search for the best 92mm fan available...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=330574&page=1&pp=50

Anyways, nobody knows about these fans but they are awesome. :)

You may want to check Sidewinder Computers. I know the Panaflo High Performance 120x38 114 cfm fans are on sale for 11.00 plus change. The 92mm's may be as well.

mribnik said:
It seems that nobody caught on to the 92x38mm sanyo denki's that put out the same static pressure as the deltas/tornados but are almost quiet when turned down and don't have the annoying whine of the tornados.

They are expensive at $16.04 but I like mine much more than the tornado I had.

http://www.techonweb.com/products/productdetail.aspx?id=A29237

They come with brackets meant for supermicro servers but they are just a normal sanyo denki fan when you unscrew it out of the bracket. They come with a small 4 pin connector, which will fit onto any 3 pin connector. This is THE BEST 92mm fan I have found in my experience for a combination of airflow when needed, and low noise when needed.

Check out the following thread. It was my search for the best 92mm fan available...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=330574&page=1&pp=50

Anyways, nobody knows about these fans but they are awesome. :)

All fans are quieter when you undervolts them. and if you turn the fan down it no longer puts out the same pressure so that point is moot as well.

Electron Chaser said:
All fans are quieter when you undervolts them. and if you turn the fan down it no longer puts out the same pressure so that point is moot as well.

Of course they do, but that wasn't my point. I was pointing out that on full blast, it puts out the same pressure as the tornados and deltas but does so at lower noise. Then if you turn it down to say the lowest setting on the sunbeam it will run at, it is much quieter than the tornado and quieter than the delta when they are turned down as well.

mribnik said:
Of course they do, but that wasn't my point. I was pointing out that on full blast, it puts out the same pressure as the tornados and deltas but does so at lower noise. Then if you turn it down to say the lowest setting on the sunbeam it will run at, it is much quieter than the tornado and quieter than the delta when they are turned down as well.

Oh OK I must had read it wrong then. I checked out those fans they don't look too bad at all. I also noticed I don't have them on my list of fans so I will have to add them to the sticky. They are a bit pricey though for what you get.

Thanks for the advise.

I will go for the Delta 92x38mm Triple Blade High Speed Fans.

Any commend , please advise.
Really appreciated....

piznet said:
Thanks for the advise.

I will go for the Delta 92x38mm Triple Blade High Speed Fans.

Any commend , please advise.
Really appreciated....

:welcome: to the forums......

Really good fan you have there. It's my fan of choice and I've gone through just about all the others. Great airflow and acceptable noise level. Works wonderful with my xp-90c.

Electron Chaser said:
Oh OK I must had read it wrong then. I checked out those fans they don't look too bad at all. I also noticed I don't have them on my list of fans so I will have to add them to the sticky. They are a bit pricey though for what you get.

They are definately pricey. It's important to note that I was in search for this type of fan when the Delta HHE wasn't available. I wanted to find something around the HHE but not as bad as the tornado's whine. A lot of people swear by the Sanyo fans, so maybe they'd be willing to pay a little more for one of these. It's an excellent fan though.

What do you guys think of the AcoustiFan clear 92mm fan seen here: Link

They are very similar in rating to the Panaflo L1A (41CFM vs 42.7CFM). Are they good fans? I believe they are ultra quiet too.

X

Xenithon said:
What do you guys think of the AcoustiFan clear 92mm fan seen here: Link

They are very similar in rating to the Panaflo L1A (41CFM vs 42.7CFM). Are they good fans? I believe they are ultra quiet too.

X

Those acoustifans are pretty popular on silentpcreview. However for the price, just get the panaflo. Unless you can find it cheaper, there is no use spending twice as much for the acoustifan, unless you have to have a clear fan.

I was checking many reviews and from what I can see I think the Freezer 64 may be just for me! I do NOT overclock and it performs within a few degrees of the XP90 with panaflo fan and the same as the zalman 7700. Plus it it nearly half price!

I am not buying in the US and prices overseas are very different. I am actually getting it from Oz cause my bro lives there and can have someone bring it for me thus saving on shipping costs.

XP-90 = AUS$80 excluding fan; Freezer 64 = AUS$45 :D

I don't overclock anyway and want pure silence so I think I have found the perfect middle ground in the Freezer :p

yeah, but hey - I do the best with what is available :D

Tell me have you perhaps had any experience with the Akasa quiet amber fans? I am thinking of getting those for my case instead of the nexus (120mm that is)

Well of course if you don't overclock the xp-90 is overkill. Hope you enjoy your freezer.

Back