• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SataRAID 3112 Sync State Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elohssa1

I've been running 2 SATA drives in RAID 1 config to protect against data loss for about 3 months now using si3112 chip on Gigabyte GA7N400 Pro board. My OS (XP pro) is on an IDE drive - completely separate from the array and the only data in the array is documents. My swap file is on the IDE drive.

Any idea why the array is constantly going from "Sync" to "Current" states even when I haven't written any data to it in days?

Example:

I leave my system on all of the time. The last time I accessed any file stored on the array was on Thursday. I've used the box only to access web sites since Thursday. But when I look at Set0 -> Members, Mirror 0/Channel 1 and Mirror 1/Channel 0, the "State" of both is alternating between "Sync" and "Current". After that much time shouldn't the state of the array be current? The rebuild rate is set to low - first tick - but why isn't the array current after so many days of not editing or changing any data in it?

Back