• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to use daemon tools *totally newb*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

how i wanted to back up some games that i have. i heard daemon tools was a good program so i download it, but i iono how to use it? can anyone show me step by step?

daemon tools allow you to mount images you have - to copy games just try to use NERO CD 2 CD copy - it works alot even on some protections, if that doesnt work try CloneCD or Alchol %120 <--- this one almost always works.

First you have an iso image of the file for daemon to mount it, daemon is just a virtual cd-rom. I would use WinImage to rip the iso from the cd image then save that to your hard drive and then you can mount the iso image with daemon.

Follow the tutorial after you download Alchohol, then after you get the ISO, right click on the daemon tools icon, click "Virtual CD/DVD" then "Device N: [X:]" then mount image, and click to where the ISO is stored.

THIS DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK, some games are protected even from this, I figure if you rip the stinking CD from your personal collection, I don't see why you should have to have it in your drive.

But,hey, I'm not the software companies :p

alcohol works great (I've been using it for a couple years). Just when you are making the image select the image type (Playstation, Playstation 2, general image, etc) at the bottom and it should setup the settings for you pretty well, then just copy -> mount and you are good.

Back