• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Venting Computer Frustration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GerrFel

I've just spent the last 4 hours trying to figure out why my hard drive is clicking, why Windows is freezing up, and why all my partitions are suddenly failing and giving me random error messages. In the end, I still have no idea what I did to fix it.

But I do know in these past hours, I've cursed, throw a full bottle of Dr. Pepper at a pole and watched it bounce 20 feet, punched the ground till my knuckles were bloody, and punched the wall as well.

What violent forms of venting have any of you done in some of the more stressful situations in life?

PS - No, I'm not a psycho, I was just quite p***ed and needed something to release on.

i went and bent a 90grian 2 inch iron pipe, that was after i found out that all my music i had on my HD disapeared

and then i realized that it got transfered to my other HD accidently, not sure how though.

If your hard drive is clicking, Soulding like you tapped the side of the HDcase lightly with a screwdriver then the heads are most likley going bad. Windows errors are a good indication of this as well. I would backup anything important on the drive just in case.

general tip for hard drives goin bad-I heard stickin them in the freezer over night makes bad hard drives work again for some odd reason

Is your PSU giving stable voltages? I had the same problem (hard drives resetting, losing data, etc.) and it was because my power supply wasn't feeding a stable 12V.

Back