• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question on cathodes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CCFL's can run for long periods of time. Its best to probably just shut it off to save life expectancy when your not around but its not neccessary.

Their cheap anyways, just buy another set when those burn out.

Yeah, I've got some in like a 2 year old system, they both still work great, use the computer quite a bit too, and they are on 99% of the time. You can turn them off, but not really a need too, unless you want to save the life on them a little, but I've had this machine since Christmas of 03 maybe? It's the system in my sig. Don't worry about them. Mine are on quite a bit, and they are sitll fine. The last few days especially, my computer has been up almost all the time, still haven't burned out.

k sweet, cuz i mean, im on comp like all day = )...didnt wanna spend the money and then ruin them by having them on.

Back