• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4P800-X & Pentium4 3.0 Prescott Overclocking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scann69

I've pretty much decided on getting the Thermaltake Combo Cool DIY Tower 112 (http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/comboCool/cl-p0024tower112/cl-p0024tower112.htm) Does anybody have any experience with the Tower 112? How well does it do on the cooling part? Not sure how much it's going to cost me but i'll be looking for it and checking on the price later.

I've got a system as below and intend to buy the TT Combo Cool DIY Tower 112:

~ Asus P4P800-X Motherboard
~ Intel Pentium4 3.0 Ghz (Prescott)
~ 2 x 256MB KingstonValue DDR400 PC3200
~ GeForce2 GTS 32MB Graphics Card at 4X (I know it's old)
~ 450watt Power Supply

Can anyone tell me or guide me if i'm able to get a good OC with the above things. Say maybe an extra clock speed of 20% (3600Mhz) maybe. Any tips on the Ram timing, FSB, Divider and anything else would be of great help.

Also, can anybody give me the link to download Prime95 & CPU-Z. I believe the CPU-Z give all information on the CPU. Thank you very much for your help.

It depends on the stepping of that 3.0E, is it a D0, E0 you'll get a good overclock, if it's a C0 well not so good.

dylskee said:
It depends on the stepping of that 3.0E, is it a D0, E0 you'll get a good overclock, if it's a C0 well not so good.

How do i determine the stepping? There is this thing that is on the chip that writes SL7E4 & Philippines. Care to explain a little more. Thanx.

S-spec of SL7E4 means it is a D0 stepping, so 3.6 gig should be within fairly easy reach with decent cooling. For Prime95 and CPU-Z downloads, just google for them.

I took my 3.0 E0 stepping to 3.9GHz stable on air but it was just too hot for my liking! It runs great and pretty cool at 3.75GHz, i can live with that. :) Good luck and let us know how you make out with that chip...

Thanx for the reply. I've finally put together my P4 system but decided to get a water cooling system. Got the TT BigWater :santa: Never tried it before but as of now, everything seems fine. Sadly i'm facing 2 problems with my system. Hope somebody can help me out.

1. When i turn on the main switch, the PC auto on and runs for 3 seconds then turns off again. Can somebody help me with this problem. I don't know where to begin finding the fault :shrug:

2. From the time i start up the PC to the time i shut it down, the HDD light (Red) is always on and never turns off at all even when the PC is idle. What could be wrong?

Do let me know what to check cos i don't have the slightest idea where to start. Thanx in advance.

Below are pictures of my system after installing the TT BigWater. Temperture at 3.0Ghz idle is 35 C

yc6m4x.jpg

yc6m4j.jpg

Will the computer post or boot to windows? Obviously it stays running for a while if you were able to take a picture of it all lit up. Was this system running before you installed the water cooling, or is this a recent build?

Are you sure your watercooling is properluy installed ? Those temperatures are exactly like mine, except I'm on air on a XP-90C...

Furthermore, if it beeps, it could be the RAM that is broken/not properly installed... did you check if they were in the sockets? If you can, go in the bios, and reset all to default values. If you can't find the cmos reset jumper on your mobo and reset bios to see if it helps.

I had a really bad problem with mine... Has this started happening since you Oc'ed it or is everything still at stock... Because with mine it would run at stock settings for about 20 seconds, I would make it into bios with about 11 seconds left, head into temp monitoring and saw my CPU hit 214F and I almost soiled myself, I'm suprised it lived... But its runnin great now, I didnt install the HS correctaly, the HS was not making full contact with the proc... Damn heat:tape

Guys, thanx for all the reply. I believe i'm just bad at explaining things so i'll try to explain again cos the i think most of your got the wrong idea of what is wrong with my PC.

Situation:I've just build this new P4 3.0 Prescott system with TT BigWater Cooling. The whole system works fine. I'm able to boot into windows and my idle temperature is at 35C. I've clocked the CPU to run at 3.22Ghz and i'm testing it with Prime95 now with temperature of 44C. So far so good but still keeping my fingers crossed for higher clock speen :)

Problem: Everytime i on the switch on the wall, my systems automatically boots up for about 3 seconds before it shuts off. After that i'll have to press the power button on the casing to on the systems again. It runs well after that. My question is, why does my system turn on for 3 seconds when i turn on the wall switch? It has never happen to my other systems before.

Tried solving problem by: ~ Taking out the whole board from casing, ~ Unpluging all cables except power supply from board, ~ Clearing & Flashing BIOS, ~ Changing power supply.

Result: Problem still persist

I hope this gives you guys a better idea on the problem. I'm hoping somebody with the same MoBo can help me out. I'm using an Asus P4P800-X board. Thanx again to those that has replied.

Last edited:
Back