• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it too hot for system case 37c ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
texp4 said:
The question says it all ??
Is it too hot if the system case is 37c ???
It really depends on your CPU temps. If they are acceptable to you, then you don't have anything to worry about. However, you should know that by lowering your case temps, you can significantly reduce your CPU temps. Personally, I would not be happy with a 37C case temp. There's no reason it should be so high. Before I imrpoved my airflow, I had really poor cable management and only one 80mm fan exhausting air from my case. My case temps were around 35C and my CPU full load temp was getting close to 60C! When I got a case with better airflow, installed two 120mm fans, switched to round cables and tied them up nicely, my case temps dropped to around 21C and my CPU full load temp dropped to around 45C with a significantl overvolt (1.92V) and overclock (13x172.5)! I would suggest improving airflow in your case. Start with switching to round IDE cables (if you don't already have them) and use zip-ties to bundle them up nicely and allow for air to flow freely through the case. Also, make sure you have at least 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan.

He might be right, my case temps are 27C right now, but only thing is, my CPU still gets up to 53-55C sometimes, of course it's an Athlon XP2800+, but I do have a new HSF coming. I would say if it's not locking up or anything don't worry too much, but a couple extra fans could not hurt. On mine, I've just got 4 case fans, one in front, 2 in sides, all blowing in(I am not sure if we set the front to blow in or out), then one in the back pulls out. Plus, there is a big fan in the PSU sucking air out as well. Even a setup like that might help:).

texp4 said:
The question says it all ??
Is it too hot if the system case is 37c ???

Well before you start running for the dremel and grabbing the credit cards to add more fans. First let me ask what is your ambient temperature in the room?

Back