• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F.E.A.R. Multiplayer BETA gone Public

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
and it's a monster system hog, doom 3 runs better on my machine.
That's not saying much. Doom 3 scales extremely well. Even on crappy systems it looks good and runs ok. Doom 3 runs better than most games on the average pc.

Just tried it and I don't like it. Its just another run and gun shooter, like we don't have enough of those (I'm getting sick of these games). Going back to BF2 :D

Also I ran it on maximum settings and it did lag, so I was forced to lower my AA&AF.

Prodigious said:
That's not saying much. Doom 3 scales extremely well. Even on crappy systems it looks good and runs ok. Doom 3 runs better than most games on the average pc.

Well the game is unplayable on medium detail for me. But even on low detail it still looks really good.

Absolutely ****ing horrible.

Even at the absolute minmum settings(not including forcing dx8 or using pixel doubling), it only runs acceptably at 800x600 and even then it has hicups. Granted it looks really really nice maxed out at 1600x1200, but nothing short of a 7800gtx will run it respectably at those settings. 3dmark05 runs better on my system than this pos. At the lowest settings it looks "ok" but not good enough to warrant the crappy performance.

As far as gameplay goes, it's a complete pos. Defeating opponents is a matter of spotting them before they spot you and trying not to miss as everyone jumps around like retards. The weapons "feel" underpowered while still being able to take down someone right away(even the stupid pistol). Armor packs are useless because in any engagement, someone dies within 3 seconds regardless of your health and armor.

It simply isn't fun. I had high hopes for this game, but it turns out to suck really badly.

Yes this game's multiplayer is pretty horrid. Not pretty, not exciting, and not fun. There are worse, but there are definitely better. But that's me.

What's with the crouching? Everybody becomes impossible to hit the second they crouch. And the head shots are more abundant than CSS. The more I play this thing the less I like it.

wow its CS with good GFX...
But in all reality i can see this game becoming one of the main standards for benchmarks as it brings your system dow to its knees. Makes Battlefiled 2 look like childsplay conpaired to this game

well I am still looking forward to the singleplayer very much - but maaan that blows...probably the least skilled game I have ever come across, especially for dm...all the guns have no recoil no bullet spread so every shot just goes dead on full spray and they kill in a few shots - its impossible not to get less than like a 10:1 score on it

I wont mind any of that in singleplayer, but multiplayer just has to have an element of skill to it to capture my attention ;(

from me in the other beta thread. on this being used as a benchmark...im not really sure - I can run on the highest settings fine unless I in anyway enable shadows...in which I get about 5-10fps - and I dont really notice much of a difference in the scene im looking at...im more inclined to think thats a bug in the game/drivers

Game is decent but not amazing.....6.5/10 but it is also a beta.

1280x960 Maxed Settings

No Lag.

Upgrading sucks doesn't it? Lol, I wouldn't say this game is worth it to do so BUT for those who can play it maxed it ain't to bad. Let's see if the full is tweaked better.

Also I've been hearing *Not on here* but every where else spamming other boards with "The graphics suck and it lags!" it's your computer....Graphics are great at least on my end. Hitboxes aren't that bad, but yeah HEADSHOTS LOL! I got a handful of headshots with a Shotgun from range WTF? I'm getting use to it now and I can see why people are having trouble.

twEEkerAreUs said:
Game is decent but not amazing.....6.5/10 but it is also a beta.

1280x960 Maxed Settings

No Lag.

Upgrading sucks doesn't it? Lol, I wouldn't say this game is worth it to do so BUT for those who can play it maxed it ain't to bad. Let's see if the full is tweaked better.

Also I've been hearing *Not on here* but every where else spamming other boards with "The graphics suck and it lags!" it's your computer....Graphics are great at least on my end. Hitboxes aren't that bad, but yeah HEADSHOTS LOL! I got a handful of headshots with a Shotgun from range WTF? I'm getting use to it now and I can see why people are having trouble.

It does lag even on my system when I tried running it on max settings with AAx4 and AFx16 and the graphics did suck. However when I turned down AA&AF it ran fine, but the graphics still sucked. Yeah the physics are nice but the game is to unbalanced to be called good. Hell even CS:S is better than this game and I agree there is no way of getting head shoots and even if you do its not fatal. Everyone runs around like retards and when you see someone its a matter of who starts shooting first and they just spray you with that gun no matter how good your healt is or armor you die in a second. I don't know what the single player will be like, but from what I seen so I want be craving for this game anytime soon.

other thread: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=393634

anyway I played it some more, and it start to be fun after a while. Just play DM, it's so much better than TDM. Anyway, they really have to fix the weapon sounds. I mean, sometimes u hear someone shooting in the distance and it sounds really awesome, but when u fire the same weapon urself it sounds completely underpowered.

And I noticed the game starts to run crappier when u play for a longer time. When I restarted it and rejoined the same server it ran nice again. Don't understand that.

Okay, I'm really mad that I can't run the game at maximum settings @ 1600x1200 on an OCed SLI system. Maybe because it's still in beta, but for the amount I put into my system any game that comes out within a year after I built I should be able to run at max settings. Even with half the features turned to medium, 0AA, and 4x AF it still runs slow. What gives? Does this beta even take advantage of SLI?

its a beta, i seriously doubt it takes advantage of SLI, since SLI needs a driver profile, and i dbout that nvidia has written a profile for a game that is not even out yet

Back