• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What WB cools X850XT memory and core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jenkx

I need a waterblock that cools the memory as well as the core of the X850XT. Currently I have the basic Swiftech block. It was good enough for my old 9800pro because the memory didn't run hot. But the memory on the X850XT runs a little hotter when overclocked. I have ram sinks on it but they don't seem to be doing a good job.

i think there was one from koolance or innovatek that worked, but I could be wrong

just use a swiftech and ram , works well on my x850

blt111 said:
hmmm. never seen that before but i never really considered the kit manufacturers. don't know anyone who uses it and haven't seen any reviews. However its 1/4" id... no doubt for use with the exos stuff

Yea that 1/4 id is the only down side. If Koolance was smart they would make their stuff compatable with more popular fittings.

i know that alphacool has their waterblock w/ all the little individual ram blocks, but all of that is small-ID tubing, so its not really suited for the typical system

overall, if you ask me, water cooling the RAM on your video card is almost useless, giving you little performance over some ramsinks

the chips only put out 2-3w of heat a peice, so putting some ramsinks on them & pointing a fan to blow over them is more than enough to adequately cool them (and a lot cheaper too)

you have more than 100 posts, so i'm gonna point you to wluk's thread in the classifieds - he sells KICKASS BGA RAM/MOSFET heatinks for .80 a peice

Back