• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800LE weak performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

Ok my 9700pro was artifacting a lot even when not playing games, so I took the opportunity to upgrade. I decided on the 6800LE because it looked good value and is supposedly unlockable to GT speeds. The thing is i put it in the system this morning and ran 3dmark 01 and 03, and the scores are worse than I got with my 9700pro. I used the proper driver cleaner method to remove the ATI drivers completely as well as rage 3d, then put in the 6800 and installed the latest nvidia drivers. The 9700 in 3dmark 01 scored 15153, and in 03 it scored 4972. The 6800LE scored 11210 in 3dmark 01 and about 3500 in 3dmark 03. Can anyone tell me if im missing something here or has seen a similar problem?

no the 6800nu or just the regular 6800 is the one that can unlock to a gt. The 6800le only has 8 pipes unlocked and I don't think you can unlock the rest of the pipes but the regular has 12 pipes unlocked and you can usually unlock atleast some of the pipes.

EDIT------------------------------------
Nvm it seems you can unlock the pipes

Last edited:
my bad thought you could only unlock the 6800nu... you got lucky I heard only 10%-20% of the 6800le can be completly unlocked

Yeah at first I unlocked all 8 locked pipelines and it passed all benches ok but when I played CS Source and Half life 2 I got sparklies. So I went back and only unlocked four of the extras bringing it up to 12pipes and now it seems stable. I boosted the clocks a little as well and now im getting about 8500-9000 in 3dmark03.

Was your friends 9700pro overclocked? Because mine was actually a non pro flashed to pro then left at pro stock speeds.

Back