• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New SLI Rig Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SniperXX

Ok I am finally ready to upgrade my current computer so I can plan games with better performance and higher settings. It sucks being one of the last few ppl to load into a level at a lan party. :bang head

The parts I am planning on buying are:
1x - ABIT AN8-SLI
2x - MSI NX6800-TD128E Geforce 6800 128MB DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card
1x - AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3200DAA4BP - OEM

I plan to buy it all fom Newegg and the total is $810.00.

So what do you guys think? I plan to reuse my drives and memory and whatever I have I can reuse from my old system. I also plan to buy a new power supply so I am looking for suggestions for that also.

Maybe you could save yourself some money by getting two 6600 gt or one single 6800gt, that's because the price difference between the 6800 and the 6600gt is about 50, that would save you $100 which in my opinion is worth it since the performance difference in my opinion isn't that much, the same goes for the 6800gt , and since sli doens't work for every game and the performance may very while going through twice the power. And did you check out the DFI sli boards, they should be great overclockers, and maybe you could strech for a San Diego with the money you save with a less expensive card

Back