• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hooking up a console gaming system to a LCD monitor.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

covana2244

i have a beautiful L90D+ 19" lcd monitor, and was wondering if there would be any advatage in hooking up my PS2 to it instead of using a normal tv?

If so what would be the cheapest way in doing this?
Thanks
-Kyle

if the PS2 game supports HDTV (some games do some don't) then get a component output for the PS2 and use a component to VGA adapter.

pretty sure it's very few that do...I know Gran Turismo 4 does...not positive on the others

Well, instead of the whole HDTV thing (which I'm not going to get into) look for a simple vga box on ebay or at best buy or something (you can get a pretty good deal on ebay) it 's pretty much an adapter for VGA to the RCA/component cables that come from the XBOX/PS2/whatever

the problem though is if it's not outputting a good component signal (like GT4 does) it's gonna look like ***. Also you monitor is 5:4 and the normal ratio is 4:3 so it looks even worse than on a TV

Back