• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec SLK-3000B: Covering Side Panel Grills

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenithon

Hi Guys. Just got my new Antec SLK3000B case. I am extremely happy with it. My main aim was a cool system which is very quiet. I don't overclock so good cooling wasn't that hard to achieve. Noise levels are also very low. The only slight drawback is that the side panel VGA grill allows some noise throught. The CPU duct part of the TAC is not too bad and is worth having in any case IMO, but I do not feel the VGA grill to be neccessary. Would it be ok to simply cover it up with something like a rectangular piece of acoustic panel?

Oh, and please don't recommend the Acoustipack for this case as it is not available here and I can't import it (plus it is rather expensive for me for the moment).

Cheers,
X

I have an SLK3000B an I modded it to put a window in so I don't have any side grills anymore. Case temps with the Antec fan on low are around 35c from 22c ambient outside air. I plan on putting in another Antec fan in the front to pull more cool air in, cool the drive and push some cool air near the VGA card.

I would recommend using a piece of black cardboard taped to the inside just to see if it helps and to see if it affects the cooling. It's temporary and will help you decide what to do next. Plus it's black so who would know?

Back