• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mos waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

watercoolerking

Registered
20050624_205432_1.jpg

20050624_205458_1.jpg

20050624_205515_1.jpg

20050624_205532_1.jpg

20050624_205559_1.jpg

holy crap, thats nice. im taking it thats for mosfets? that is very nice, someone might wanna use that for a vapochill setup, just to keep the mosfets nice and cool, eliminating instability from em.

Nebulous said:
Dang that's nice. I've never seen holes around mosfets on a board. Thinking maybe that's for ram?

So you have mounting holes around your RAM? Oh wait, you meant put one on each side and then mount them together, duh. Heck that's even better than mosfet cooling, but you better only have one or possibly two sticks of RAM (that sucker'd be thick with two stuck together).

a few boards have holes around the mosfets - off the top of my head, some of the newer asus boards have them

alphacool and one other foreign company make mosfet blocks for a few different motherboards

otherwise if you don't have holes... theres always arctic alumina or arctic silver adhesives

edit: IMO we REALLY need a forum rule stating that descriptive titles are mandatory... i see too many post that just say "waterblock" or "is this good" or "is this too hot"

Sneaky said:
a few boards have holes around the mosfets - off the top of my head, some of the newer asus boards have them...
Huh, didn't know that.

Sneaky said:
otherwise if you don't have holes... theres always arctic alumina or arctic silver adhesives

Yeah I wasn't really confused about how to mount it, I just thought it was a curious addition to the block design.

Sneaky said:
a few boards have holes around the mosfets - off the top of my head, some of the newer asus boards have them

alphacool and one other foreign company make mosfet blocks for a few different motherboards

edit: IMO we REALLY need a forum rule stating that descriptive titles are mandatory... i see too many post that just say "waterblock" or "is this good" or "is this too hot"
I agree. Those get extreemly annoying after a while.

Back