• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Masterkleer - writing on the tube

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SGTFury

Registered
I've got Tygon R-3603 in my new system, which is darn nice stuff, but I've found a couple of the lines are too short, so I wanted to order more, but in the interest of saving some dough, I decided to try the Masterkleer. $19.00 for 25 feet from McMaster-Carr, and it came the next day! It appears to be quite soft and bendable. But .... the tubing has this printing all over it "For Product Warning Call (some phone number)" WTF? How is that gonna look when I go to shoot my close-up digipics of my leet rig? Has anyone else gotten Masterkleer and found this stuff?

You can just put the writting on the back side of the tube, and people won't see it.

I use that stuff, and have no problems with the writing.

SGTFury said:
How is that gonna look when I go to shoot my close-up digipics of my leet rig?

Well, I don't think anyone is going to look, or care. If it bothers you that much, then twist the tubing so that the writing is on the back. I would be more concerned about a clean install of everything else, rather than the writing on the tubing. I never even pay attention to the writing. Heck, I didn't even realize that my Masterkleer said that, until you brought it to my attention. :p

take a coarse cloth or sponge (scotchbrite, etc.) and with some warm soapy water, you can take off the lettering/writing - thats what i did with my tygon, but i left the blue printing on my clearflex60 i have now

Ah yes, I used some Isopropyl acohol and it came off. whew. Thanks.

...or you could use a big "marks-a-lot" marker and put a keen black stripe over the writing.
Who else has racing stripes on their tubes? :D

Back