• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

maxtors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dittohead

hey
i got my maxtor 80gb pata/ide less than 6months ago, maybe 3 months, just stored a few DVD rips

now all of a sudden it starts to click

i have formatted it MANY time, about 5 times since i bought it
ive tried to run diagnostic - but so far no luck in running, let alone seeing the results

also do you know if theres a free software that will ghost two HDD, without an OS? using the f***ed maxtor to my old seagate

cheers

I believe there is a utility for transferring data on the Maxtor diagnostic disk. That's the only truly free and truly effective file transfer software I am aware of. I use Norton Ghost for such things, but it of course is not free

larva said:
I believe there is a utility for transferring data on the Maxtor diagnostic disk. That's the only truly free and truly effective file transfer software I am aware of. I use Norton Ghost for such things, but it of course is not free

There are several that you can use thru a knoppix disk like the DD utility.

Back