• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team B Race

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglescouter

Frustrating Senior SETI Nut!
Ok Team B, let's get 'em in gear so we can quickly move into the lead for the race. I'd like to get started in first place so we dont have to try to play catch up.

Team B members:

Larry Quinn
Tyrinon
eaglescouter
hallen
Katelin
Andy Sherwood

1. Please be certain that you are running the new optimized Boinc Client on all your machines. This is not available from BOINC or Berkely. If you are not running it, please contact me for more info.

2. Set your preferences for 5-7 days so we dont run out of work if Berkeley has one of their famous outages.

3. Order new machines, or parts as appropriate. If you are not running dual channel yet on a dual channel mobo, then order/borrow/acquire that new ram stick.

4. Find, borrow, acquire every machine you can get your paws on and lets win this thing!

5. I think we need a better name than the "B Team".

6. Call the power company and tell them that the B team is cranking it up so they better be ready!

Hi team b'rs im a crunchin ..

ive set pref to 7 days.......
but im not on optomized client ive pm'd you im running 4.45 version......
dont know how many ill do in a day ive only one machine to crunch with ....
no need to call power company ive my own neuclear plant of my own lol ......(hamster on wheel)

Tyrinon
i like the name Banzai Boinc'ers :cool:

After your pc finishes crunching a unit, it gets transmitted to berkeley.

They compare it to the other resultes for the same unit, and give credit only after they get back three results for that work unit. Until 3 results are back your credit is pending.

If you log into http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/home.php#prefs and look at your computers there is a link to review the work units returned. That will show you how much pending credit you have and will show if your machine is returning good or bad work units. Bad units are not ever going to receive credit.

Here's the public link to your computer and its results: http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/show_host_detail.php?hostid=1114034

Last edited:
I thought I would miss out on credits because my 4 Port US Robotics router let the smoke out while I was at work today. :cry: It served a good life for me, so I'm not complaining much other than for the time it decided to go belly up. :rolleyes: Oh well, it was replaced with a 4 port Linksys. I guess we will see how it goes. :thup:

Anyway, I'd have to say thanks for whoever it was that wrote the optimized clients for SETI. My Xeon is cranking out units in about 2h15m each, the 3 P4's are popping them out in about 2hrs give or take for each unit, the 933 P3 is doing units in about 6hrs, and the 2ghz Celery is shooting out wu's in about 4h-4h15m!!! I don't have anymore available plugins or I would have another p3 running (450 @ 505). With all the stuff running atm, I'm half afraid that I'll blow a breaker and not be here to reset it! LOL

Banzai Baby! :burn:

aw all i can run is 1 machine ...but i normaly turn her off at night and put her to bed to save money ....

but so far ive let her run during the race :) :)

i have no idia how you cope with the big bill from all them machines :shrug:

you havent taped into next doors electrics have you :p

spiritedandy said:
i have no idia how you cope with the big bill from all them machines :shrug:

you havent taped into next doors electrics have you :p

Interesting idea.... I have not tapped in to the neighbor, but I did run out of capacity on the circuit breaker for the computer room, so I had to run a heavy cord from the next room over until I climb into the attic crawl space to run an additional circuit.

i like it cheers :cool:

simply awsome eaglescouter

am i crunching ok i think it takes normaly 1hr 40mins ....got up this morning it said 11hrs to finish one ....

Well...I was able to add a 3.4 P4 Friday...and ordered a Xenon 3.4 today ... Problem is that It has an ETA of next week!!!....

I'm about tapped out finding Clock cycles...so I don't know how many more credits I will be able to add to what I normally produce... :shrug:

Sorry...I feel like I've let the team down! :bang head

Larry

Back