• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel 2x 512 and 1x 1gb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kbtat2

Would it be possible to run dual channel on an Abit NF7-S rev 2.0 with 2- 512 sticks and 1-1gb. stick? There are only three slots to work with and I want to add another Gb. of ram without having to remove my 512 sticks. So what would my options be?

I'm not sure about the specifics of your mb, but it's possible that you can run DC but take a hit in DDR bandwidth. At least that's the way my last mb DC mb worked. If I slapped in 2x512 with 1x1g it went from DDR400 to DDR333. I'm sure your manual has the specifics on what type of sticks you can mount where and the indications associated with each.

I'll have to dig out the manual to be sure bit I know that to run dual channel I had to have the 512 sticks in slots 1 and 3.

Well, I know this thread is old as hell but I just saw it in my bookmarks and thought I would update in case anyone else had the same question. I have it set-up this way, the 2 512 sticks in slots 1 and 2 with the 1Gb. stick in slot 3 and it is in dual channel and runs great.

I didn't really know if it would make a difference or not by losing dual-channel but "they" say it helps so..... :p

Back