• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dk Jedi Allianc

OK guys. Time to race!!!

This team has following members: (in case you did not know)

The wiizard
Dave H
Stryfe and crazyastro
Puffy
Careface & Demonoid
Mictlan and Dk Jedi Alliance
Sir Barbarosa

Suggestions:

1. We need a name.
2. What can I do to increase my RAC?
3. What do you need to build another cruncher. Maybe team-member has it!
4. We need to get Sir Barbarosa back in business. He is currently not crunching. (or maybe he IS back but no CS validated yet)
5. tell your friends, family and all you can think off about this race. Maybe do some work and claim the price as crunching time :cool:
6. Take some time (not to much) to dust off your machines to make sure they dont overheat.
7. Tell your wife, girlfriend, kids, mom, dog and cat to LEAVE THE PC ON!

Thats it from me for now. Just post input as they comes to mind.

CRUNCH!!!

I sent a pm to Sir Barbarosa to let him know the race has started.
I need a 1gb stick of PC3200 to build another cruncher. (Upgrading the main machine and handing it's ram to the cruncher)

Got any team name ideas

Mictlan said:
Trying to borg my girlfriend's PC for the race :D

Is it your old P3 Tualtin Duallie?? Hope it works out....anything I can say to convince her? :p

About the name...should we recycle and use Cosmic crunchers? (btw Mictlan - this is the 3´rd time we have been on team C???)

Just waiting on a X800 pro graphics card & 74 gig raptor to turn up, then i have enough bits for a new cruncher. If there are no other suggestions Cosmic crunchers sounds fine to me.

Cosmic Crunchers sounds good to me
I'll set it to that for now, if we come up with any better ideas I can change it.
It's to bad the validators went off just after we started the race.

Dk Jedi Allianc said:
Is it your old P3 Tualtin Duallie?? Hope it works out....anything I can say to convince her? :p

About the name...should we recycle and use Cosmic crunchers? (btw Mictlan - this is the 3´rd time we have been on team C???)

Nope, that one stil KIA, need to see if the memory is OK....might be the culprit of that one beeing offline.

As for beeing in Team C......and looking back in all the race: In most of them, the team in which I've been has bbeen the winner in the end :D

not sure what i have here, i was a little ****ed off to come home from school and see that my 2.7ghz a64 cruncher had an error saying something about a mismatched version so the bloody thing reset project! i had nerely done 10days of friggin work and it hadnt sent them back because i disabled boinc access so i could send them all back at once.. grrr.. still got the 2.2ghz AXP, 1.5ghz celery and 3.2ghz p4 running fine though, getting the a64 back up.. in a couple of weeks ill have a barton 2500+ to add, but itll have to wait until i can get all the parts arriving :(

Careface*

Hey Team !!

On friday or maybe even thursday night i will be firing up my
2 dual xeon 3.0 systems. I will also turn on my Video/ftp/game
machine again. It's a dual xeon 2.6. On friday i will also have my new
laptop. P4 2.0 centrino. 2Mb cache. Hope these additions will make
our team come closer to being numero uno !!!

The Wizard

Is there an individual competition between comps ??

I think there was plans anyway !!?? Anyone know ??

The Wizard

Haven't heard nothing yet of an individual race, but just hearing what you are planning to fire off.....I'm scared very scared :D :burn:

I still remember a quote from Team Lamb Chop in Ars Technica....."Some members have more computer power than some small countries

Last edited:
Just installed the optimized client on my P4 1.8 and my bro's 2.8, and shaved off quite a bit of time in both cases, so that should help out :) I'm also looking at borging a computer or two if I can convince the owners that 100% load for 24/7 is not the horrible thing it is (/me hopes tales of 4 years of full load on my main cruncher help :D)

Let's kick it up a notch!
JigPu

Back