• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming headset advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

Now that I am thoroughly engrossed in BF2 I am going to get a headset. My question is shoudl I go USB or regular Audio In/Mic Out for connection? Is USB faster therefore more suited for online gaming? It is more expensive as well..

Last edited:
I have a regular Audio in/output and I play all the top quality games and have no issuses with sound. Don't know whether usb is faster though.

usb is not "faster" but it can be suited for more features which i doupt will be implemented with a headset .. the point is there really is lilttle diff.

Get USB only if you dont have the audio ports, USB is usually more expensive and it takes up a USB port.

If your looking for reccomendations I have the Sennheiser PC150s and I love em.

Sennhesier's are really nice. If you want something a bit cheaper go for Plantronics Audio 90. I have a pair and they are SOLID. They sound great, even at max volume, the mic and volume controls arent cheap, they fit nice and are very comfortable. Don't go for USB. It's a waste of money really.

Back