• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video's suddenly have problems and artifacts.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

Hope you guys can help. Out of the blue video's started having major artifacting and the colors are way off, very washed out and mostly Im seeing yellows and pinks this is in WinXP and it doesn;t matter what player you use. The only thing I did recently was upgrade video drivers..but after rolling them back problem still exists...I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling my 3vix drivers but still nothing and it happens in every video format, avi, wmv, mpg.....got any ideas?

In the 77.72 driver set, the slider increments for the overlay gamma aren't scaling correctly...and default to a high level on some cards. I ran into the same problem with my BFG 6800U, and it took me awhile to find the solution. Here's a workaround that should apply to all media players...

Open the Advanced Display Properties, and select the GeForce tab | Select the "Color Correction" option in the side-bar menu | Set "Apply color changes to" to "Overlay" | Set "Color profile" to "Advanced mode" | Click "Apply" and close the Advanced Display Properties. This should correct the color adjustments to default levels.

Last edited:
Thanks also. I was expieriencing a similar problem but had updated the graphics drivers and the DivX codec.

Card that was being used: nVidia Geforce FX 5200

Back