• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime wont run properly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

hey guys, before i upgraded my ram to what i have now, i used to be able to run the prime blend torture test, it would take 100% cpu, all the ram it needs and make lots of heat. now when i run it, itll still take lots of ram, but it doesnt pin my cpu. i can let it run all night and itll only do 3 iterations, and the cpu never loaded. but if i run small or large ffts itll run, just not the blend test, how come? :shrug:

blend is not for CPU, it's more for ram, as you're seeing now.

Small FFT is for CPU mostly
Large FFT is for CPU and ram at the same time, though not always making 100% use of either concurrently.

your best bet would be to run blend with a double instance of CPU-Burn in.

whoops, i forgot to say that previously to these stix, i was useing 2*256, thanks for the reply, i was a little concerned about how it pinned my cpu with 512mb, and barely touches it dureing the blend with 1024. but i guess i have no need to be :)

Back