• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bootvis error help~

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adriana

when i install bootvis and try to run it, this error pops up.

The procedure entry point wmiopentracewithcursor could not be located in the dynamic link library advapi32.dll.

how do i fix that?

Assuming you're trying to run Bootvis with XP, there's a compatibility issue with the two. It's no longer supported by MS, and is no longer available for download from their site. The following quote is taken from the MS article I've linked to below...
"Please note that Bootvis.exe is not a tool that will improve boot/resume performance for end users. Contrary to some published reports, Bootvis.exe cannot reduce or alter a system's boot or resume performance. The boot optimization routines invoked by Bootvis.exe are built into Windows XP. These routines run automatically at pre-determined times as part of the normal operation of the operating system."
BootVis.exe Tool for System Manufacturers
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/sysperf/fastboot/bootvis.mspx

Also, the so-called optimizations that Bootvis makes to your system are irreversible...they can't be undone.

oh ok so i downloaded tunexp1.5 it works great. one question should i defrag my c: drive? because i ahve no idea wat defragment is

adriana said:
i ahve no idea wat defragment is
From the Help and Support Center included with XP...
Disk Defragmenter overview

Disk Defragmenter analyzes local volumes and consolidates fragmented files and folders so that each occupies a single, contiguous space on the volume. As a result, your system can access files and folders and save new ones more efficiently. By consolidating your files and folders, Disk Defragmenter also consolidates a volume's free space, making it less likely that new files will be fragmented. The process of consolidating fragmented files and folders is called defragmentation.

The amount of time that defragmentation takes depends on several factors, including the size of the volume, the number and size of files on the volume, the amount of fragmentation, and the available local system resources. You can find all of the fragmented files and folders before defragmenting them by analyzing the volume first. You can then see how fragmented the volume is and decide whether you would benefit from defragmenting the volume.
adriana said:
should i defrag my c: drive?
So yes, to answer your question...you should defrag on a regular basis, most importantly the root volume.

Last edited:
i try to download this firewire and i accidently close it and now it wont delete. is there program taht can delete this? it keeps saying its in use but i reboot and it wont delete

Back