• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing woes! :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ishakir

Hello guys,

I'm at a loss trying to figure out what's causing instability after what seems to be the slightest OC. My system specs can be found in my sig. I turn the HT multi down to x3 and even then, I can't get my DTR past 2.1GHz stable. I know my memory isn't an issue since I memtested it at 240mhz for 24hrs without an error. I have the voltage juiced up to ~1.7V so there's plenty of power. What other types of things should I look for? There's an AGP/PCI lock built into the motherboard so I'm rather sure that it can't be my video card that's causing the instability.

It is so unstable at any OC that I crash at Windows XP boot up almost instantly.

Thanks for your input guys!

-Ish-

psu maybe check it with multimetre and post result
what is your current setting?

Thanks for the input,

I checked my rails and everything looks like it is in spec. I am at a complete loss as to why I'm having so much trouble.

EDIT: I just noticed a chipset voltage feature, it iis currently set to 1.6V, I do not have anything more than the factory heatsink + passive cooling, should I increase this and will this make the difference in OC stability?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
-Ish-

Back