• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ch5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so basically it is a housebrand that has winbond ch-5 chips or is it directly sold from Winbond. It looks fine, and you should get a good OC out of it (if you can do the voltage of course). But I would wait for more opinions than just mine.

i would think the twinmos sp would do better, and even if not, it's like 20 bucks cheaper

Im new to this BH5 /CH5 thing .Im use to Intel with its Hynix chip's and 3-4-4-8 timing's...lol So this BH5 and CH5 has me really curious and dieing to try it.So when ever i see something like that i wanna know all about it ..lol

Ram made by "some place in Taiwan" is definitely an insane deal. You'd have to be insane to buy it. Stick with a manufacturer who not only has a name but a good rep and you'll save yourself a lot of grief.

gigabit said:
Im new to this BH5 /CH5 thing .Im use to Intel with its Hynix chip's and 3-4-4-8 timing's...lol So this BH5 and CH5 has me really curious and dieing to try it.So when ever i see something like that i wanna know all about it ..lol

Stick with the OCZ VX or the mushkin redline stuff which is almost always BH or CH die stuff. It just needs a lot of voltage run right.

SewerBeing
Thats pretty much my Plan im thinking the OCZ Gold PC3200 i know a few guys running it with very good results in fact better than the VX and its BH5 .The VX is CH5
Hey how is that 6200 flash to a 6600 ?Can you play games at a decent rate..Im getting ready to build the similar setup as you I hope.But i dont have the cash for a Good Video card just yet.Also does any one know if Adata PC4000(not Tccd) will run in the DFI NF4 Ultra -D.Just till i can get some OCZ PC3200 Gold or VX ram?I heard that it wont even boot with Hynix chips.

Last edited:
gigabit said:
SewerBeing
Thats pretty much my Plan im thinking the OCZ Gold PC3200 i know a few guys running it with very good results in fact better than the VX and its BH5 .The VX is CH5
Hey how is that 6200 flash to a 6600 ?Can you play games at a decent rate..Im getting ready to build the similar setup as you I hope.But i dont have the cash for a Good Video card just yet.Also does any one know if Adata PC4000(not Tccd) will run in the DFI NF4 Ultra -D.Just till i can get some OCZ PC3200 Gold or VX ram?I heard that it wont even boot with Hynix chips.
I see no reason whatsoever why the Adata PC-4000 stuff shouldn't run in any s939 setup (or any other modern rig for that matter). Should work fine, let us know the results if you do it!

YGPM :)

gigabit said:
SewerBeing
Thats pretty much my Plan im thinking the OCZ Gold PC3200 i know a few guys running it with very good results in fact better than the VX and its BH5 .
Does Outpost sell these?

gigabit said:
SewerBeing

I'm partial to the VX series but its personal preference. The Adata PC4000 will run just will probably not oc well and may not hit pc4000 on that board without an insane amount of tweaking (great board though). Also my 6200 flashed to 6600 kicks *** in games, I play ut2k4 and have the settings turned on high with a resolution I liked (I can write that down when I get a part back from rma). And I have heard nothing to suggest that it dislikes Hynix chips. And even if it does simply make the settings real loose and don't oc (at least not without using a divider).

SewerBeing said:
I'm partial to the VX series but its personal preference. The Adata PC4000 will run just will probably not oc well and may not hit pc4000 on that board without an insane amount of tweaking (great board though). Also my 6200 flashed to 6600 kicks *** in games, I play ut2k4 and have the settings turned on high with a resolution I liked (I can write that down when I get a part back from rma). And I have heard nothing to suggest that it dislikes Hynix chips. And even if it does simply make the settings real loose and don't oc (at least not without using a divider).

Thats makes sense but im just gonna get some VX or redline so i dont have to worry about it.I was hoping to just use the Adata but i think ill just sell it or use it in another box

Back