• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD burning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you own Nero from Ahead, they have a Linux version of their software free of charge for registered Windows users. Most others use k3b or simple the commandline I guess

k3b is good, but like klingens said, if you have a version of nero for windows get the linux version. It's just like the windows version only takes a little more prodding if you've never used nero without the create cd wizard.

xcdroast was the first Linux burner I tried, and it didn't like my CD drives. It took ages and ages just for it to tell me there was a CD in the drive. :(

khiloa said:
xcdroast was the first Linux burner I tried, and it didn't like my CD drives. It took ages and ages just for it to tell me there was a CD in the drive. :(

Thats caused from the 2.4 kernel IDE drivers. It was helpful to enable SCSI emulation for this (I think xcdroast would actually suggest this too). If you are running 2.6, you shouldnt have this problem.

p.s. xcdroast myself, was the simplest to me.

Ugh, i hate xcdroast... I love K3B though. Last time I tried nero for linux it gave nothing but coasters so I'm not too fond of it.

/me loves mkisofs and cdrecord though. Everything feels so much more right in a command line.....

Back