• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need VGA Cooler Recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowknight281

I'm looking for a FANLESS heatsink for my 9800pro. Silentpcreview is lacking a consensus on this right now, and I was hoping someone here might know of a head-to-head comparison of various passive heatsinks so I can buy the best one.

I'm trying to get my system to using only one fan, so no matter how good the cooler is, I'm not looking for a fanned option, just the fanless solution that offers the best cooling for my video card.

Thanks.

You could try getting a Thermaltake Giant 3, and then ducting it somewhere outside of the case (don't flame me for saying thermaltake, the giant 3 is a BEAST)...

the Zalman heatpipe cooler should work as well.

but remember, you're gonna have to duct the sink to a fan somehow (so the air can be moved outside of the case

Not better to have several fans runing at a few hundred RPM?

Eventually you may check Aerocool - they have nice "fanless" heatsink, but it requires serious case airflow.

Ven0m said:
Not better to have several fans runing at a few hundred RPM?

Eventually you may check Aerocool - they have nice "fanless" heatsink, but it requires serious case airflow.

i would do that. i mean if you get a slow RPM fan on say like the zalman cooler Electron recommended, it can only help, and with the fan rotating slowly you wont be able to hear it and it'll still help more than no flow over the fins

Back