• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a Sound card, Audigy Good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disabled
how much of aprice difference is there between the soundblaster Audigy and Live Gamer's? Also is there a huge sound difference for games? P. S. I will be using a reciever with my computer and hope to use the Digital DTS Surround, and FSC

Default, like the handle/username :)... I just got the Turtle beach Santa Cruz card after owning a SB Live for a while, and can say it's 3-4X superior to the creative card.

I've heard good things about the audigy so far. The Audigy is creative's answer to the turtle beach card, but costs 20-30 bucks more (hell, I picked up mine on sale at a computer retail shop for 59.99 a few weeks ago, so you can find them even cheaper if you look hard enough). The software with the card is comparable to the creative package, though I use none of it anyway... (didn't use creative's either).

In benchmarks the turtle beach was clobbering the SB Live. We'll have to wait until someone reviews the audigy and turtle beach in order to have a good estimation.

Last edited:
You can find the Audigy Gamers on pricewatch starting as low at 70 bucks I think. Those are OEMs though. The retails might start around 85-90. Not sure how great they are though.

Supposedly the Audigy is ten fold better than the Live!

I like my Live! so I'm not upgrading just yet.

Back