• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First look at Gskill PC4800 FR DC set

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onepagebook

Registered
some of you PM me about FR..what is Gskill FR? :santa:

let's look at official introduction

**Please note! It's rated as 2t command

Let's see the complete package and RAM it self.

fr1.jpg

fr2.jpg

Since here we don't wanna ad that too much, so I only performe here for super pi mod 1.4 for you guys have general idea how it will go! :_biggrin:

Testbed:

CPU: AMD FX55BN 0513mpmw
Mobo: DFI NF4 SLI-DR bios: 618-3
RAM: GSkill 512x2 FR pc4800
VGA: Asus EN6800 ultra PCI-E
Cooling : PCICE Single stage -45c
Power: OCZ 600w

Please look at every timing settings and SPD table very carefully:

frsuperpi8m9tp.jpg

So basically it's very decent ram here. Very nice for budge consideration bang if you can't afford FF. Retail price is around 230.

Newegg was selling that stuff for like a few days, now it's gone..... How high can you get those sticks running 2.5-3-3-7 timings with 1T? Are those 440 chips? Great deal regardless. Thanks for the info OPB. :thup:

I didn't know you posted here OPB, good to see you on ocforums :) Same question as HousERaT, what speed do you expect this stuff will do @ 2.5-3-3, 1T?

If you look at the closeup of the pic those are 440 TCCD chips. Nice pic btw OPB...... I must have missed it before...... :bang head

Back