• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mixing Memory with my patriot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobj

I have patriot XBLK 3200 memory running at fairly nice timings on my 3000+ clocked up to 2610mhz. I am having some serious problems finding some of this memory locally and would like to know if anyone can recommend another set of 512x2 sticks that would play nice with these sticks. I am running at a 270ish FSB for reference.

msi neo2 platinum
3000+

my goal is to get up to 2gigs of happy memory.

Thanks =)

Hey another question i forgot to ask that i can ask now lol.

Anyone have experience with 4x sticks in this board? does the board play nice as in will i still have dual channel and 1t on the memory?

I've never used that board, but you'll have to go to 2T. That's a limitation of the memory controller rather than your motherboard. And if that's not a Venice/Rev E 3000+ in your sig, you'll also have to underclock the RAM and might have a very hard time getting four double-sided sticks to work at all.

Ok cool, that is what i was wanting to hear. not the best news in the world either blah

Now to decide to just stick with the 1gig or clock down to 2gig.

Because the disk is almost infinitely slower than any RAM, the slowest 2GB setup you can come up with will beat a fast 1GB setup that's frequently dipping into the pagefile. If you don't often use more than 1GB, though, it might make sense to just stick with your fast gig.

Back