• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF2 ranks, awards, etc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

subtotal

Ii decided to start this thread because i felt certain gameplay aspects of BF2 which are arousing a certain amount of confusion have not been adequately covered (or at least not on this forum)

BF2 ranks 101:
this is what i know of the BF2 ranking system so far (feel free to add to this)

in battlefield 2 there are certain privleges that come with increased rank, access to better weapons/preference when applying for the position of commander and possibly others that i am not yet aware of.

in order to incease your rank you need to earn points you need to play on "ranked" servers (which tend to be few/full and slightly laggy, ea say they are working on it...)

these are the ranks as i am aware of them at this point:

private: 0 points
private 1st class: 500 points
lance-corpral: 1000 points
corpral: 9500 points
Sergeant:
Staff Sergeant:
Gunnery Sergeant:
Master Sergeant:
First Sergeant:
Master Gunnery Sergeant:
Sergeant Major:
Sergeant Major of the Corps:

(i am not yet aware of what level of points is required for the higher ranks, last time i checked only one person had reached the rank of corpral)

weapon unlocks:

you get ONLY ONE weapon unlock per increase in rank starting at lance-corpral (1000 points) so choose carefully, you can't change your mind without starting over. (btw you need to restart BF2 after gaining a promotion for the upgraded weapon to take effect) once you have upgraded a weapon you have the option of improved or original weapon in the spawn screen.

Badges, medals and ribbons, as far as i have been able to tell these have no effect on rank, they merely demonstrate skill or proficiency in certain aspects of gameplay and there is at least one badge for every player type.

Last edited:
i have heard that ea is working on a patch so that it doesnt take so long to update the stats to bfhq
last time i played online i got a message saying i got a weapon upgrade, but im still a private and cant choose any new weapons :shrug:

aside from the eng and anti-tank kit unlocks the others are nothing spectacular in my opinion. i'm hoping we get some more maps soon.

I highly prefer the L85A1 and G3A3 upgrade weapons, Medic and Assault kit respectively.

The L85A1 allows for good sniping with medium damage. The G3A3 has a superior close-medium range damage.

Lance Corporal is actually at 1100 points, not 1000 - my friend and I discovered this while playing all night last night.

Vertical_Zer0 said:
Lance Corporal is actually at 1100 points, not 1000 - my friend and I discovered this while playing all night last night.

There is something wrong with the awards. I did not get Lance until over 1400 points. I was so mad that I wasn't getting it. Then got it 2x. Got it, restarted game to unlock weapon. Nothing. Played a while and it gave it to me again. @ 3 hours later bfhq finaly showed lance and I restarted the game and got my weapon. So corp will probably be like 15k for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back