• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP ScanJet 5200c....NOISE!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kona-man

Registered
Every scan has a progress bar showing where the process is. This is enough but HP thinks there is a need for a irratating tone NOISE to indicate progress also.
Any way to disable the tone?
I've had the cover off cleaning the underside and mirrors that I could reach,but didn't see a speaker or device I could hammer.
Nothing in software to turn off...or is there????
Any input appreciated...Thanks

I would just pull the cover(s) off till u find the speaker, then snip it (just one wire) in a place where it could possibly be soldered back together if needed.

Are you sure it's just not the whine from the stepper motor? My dad has a 5200C and it doesn't make any speaker noises.

Thanks for the input.
I haven't seen a speaker or any device that could produce sound inside. If I do it will get surgery.

The stepper morter sounds like something.
The scanner makes a tone that changes as scanner bar moves or changes direction. If thats it I'm sunk.

One thing that works is to create white noise....crank up music.
Thanks guys...Still diggin

Back