• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building: Websites (step by step instructions)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have found many guides which are out of date, so if your guide deals alot with specific kinds of hardware, be sure it is somewhat current. The CPU mounting procedure has changed a bit since the Pentium Pro days, and your guide should react accordingly. Also, just using all the manuals that come with the hardware you buy can be a good way to build it. It's really much simpler than you think before you try it. I built my first computer without any sort of organized guide. It's pretty much a basic puzzle once you know the basic overall layout.

I've heard a lot of people use "how to build your dream PC" by MaximumPC. I'm not sure if thats the correct title, but it's something like that. Also, I think it cost about $19.95. Try and get your hands on one from your local library.

-MaTT

Back