• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overtake the folding_mokeys in 2 months

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mjw21a

Looks like in just over two months I get to take my rightful position back in front of the folding monkeys.

See here: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=109695

If I can increase my folding powah some more then it may take even less time. :cool:

I've had this itch ever since they overtook me a couple of months ago. I suspect they gave me flea's as they went past. Gotta get some flea killer stuff. :p

Besides, the stench of the rotting bannana's they left in their wake was just terrible. Can't you finish the bannana's before throwing them away guys? :p

LOL @ nahmus.

When I read what you posted I thought you were going to say they throw... um... other stuff. :D

You mean the chuck sh*t? Now that wouldn't be very nice of them. As if the flea's weren't enough.... ;o)

Ain't noth'in worse than rotten bannanas all over the road. :p Now if I could just get Travanx off my fanny.

Silver said:
Ain't noth'in worse than rotten bannanas all over the road. :p Now if I could just get Travanx off my fanny.

Lol. Yeah, he's going to overtake me even before you do..... :p

Replaced a P3 866MHz with a Athlon 64 3400+ w/ 512MB. Should help me keep you at bay for a litle longer..... The question is just how long. :shrug:

You had a good day yesterday. For the week you are ahead of both of us. I have all the parts on the way to the house for a cheap Celeron D rig. I'll let you know how it goes on that. Looking to pick up QMDs and am hoping (though not very confident) to pick up a QMD a day. Will let you know how that goes. I am hoping sse3 cancels out some of the advantage that a larger cache p4 would have and picking up the fsb at tight timings will aid it in completing in 24 or under hours. It will need to break 800fsb. It is kind of neat having the three of us running neck and neck. :)

Hmmmm, I don't think so. I actually think that the Celly you're getting will put you ahead of me. And here I was thinking that the replacement of one of my many P3 866MHz borgs with a Athlon 64 3400+ would help keep me ahead..... :eh?:

Aahhhh, well I guess I should have built them a 3GHz P4 for the same price instead so that I could get QMD's....... I'm sure that would have kept me ahead of you..... :bang head

EDIT: A 1.6GHz P4 w/ 128MB borg is being replaced with an Athlon XP 1.8GHz w/512MB. This should help a little bit also. :shrug:

Last edited:
Looks like another good update for ya. :) My best geuss is travanx is chewing on some larger units and will post big either late today or tommorow.

That's usually the case when someones points drop off a bit. Silver, what happened to your production a few months ago? You avertook me for like a month and then your production dropped off to next to nothing and I overtook you again..... I thought it was rather puzzling at the time.

I take it you got my PM on that question. Travanx is tailgating. May be able to hold him off for another day but after that nothing but his tail lights moving off in the distance. :mad:

There is an upside. :p He gets to clear the road of the banana peelings for us. :p

Inside of the cases are already like a car sitting it the sun in the summer. I put some NOX in there and she's lible to blow.

Why you dropping two rigs? I remember when you came by. Darn near side swiped me ya did.

The college student is as good as folding. Who knows, maybe he or someone he influences may find something in the way of a cure.

Now the one po'ing you off. Now that one is a different story. I obviously misunderstood your intent for the use of the NOX.

Silver said:
I take it you got my PM on that question. Travanx is tailgating. May be able to hold him off for another day but after that nothing but his tail lights moving off in the distance. :mad:

There is an upside. :p He gets to clear the road of the banana peelings for us. :p

Lol. Perhaps not. Maybe I can do that for you both.

I'm hoping that my current 1738PPD 24 hour average is not an anomaly and is the result of my new A64 3400+ borg. If I can keep it up and you add no more borgs I'll actually be able to kee my rightful position ahead of you. :p

Newt time I'll convince them to go with a slower P4 borg. Slower for everything but will give me more f@h points but will generate more heat :p

If you can add just a single half decent system you'll be able to stay ahead of him. If you can pull that off we'll probably remain within 5 placements of each other in the rankings, which I think is pretty neat.....

Back