• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlanD911

I recently purchased a Corsair Cool kit that comes with a swiftec 6002 i believe for the a64. The waterblock came with tubes attached to it with metal circles they seem to be clamped onto the waterblock. Is there any way to remove these pieces of metal so that I can add my own tubes to the waterblock? The tubing they gave is kinking like crazy so i want to get some clearflex 60 tubing or something strong to prevent kinks. Any ideas?

If you post a picture you might get more suggestions.... Off the top of my head, if it looks like this one here http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/168/cpublock.jpg that I quickly googled, you'll have to use a flathead screwdriver or something similar to pry the metal clamps off (stick a small screwdriver into the crack where they clamped the metal band together and then twist it clockwise/counter-clockwise until the band opens up and will slip off the barb). Then just use normal worm drive clamps for the new tubing. Oh, and when you buy new tubing, make sure it is 1/8" walled. What you've got there is probably 1/16" walled, and that thin stuff does kink a lot.

Last edited:
Just snip the metal clips and get some clamps from home depot or your favorite place for watercooling parts.

I never thought of using tin snips (which i recently bought mind you) thanks for the great idea! The tubing is on the way :)

MVC said:
If you post a picture you might get more suggestions.... Off the top of my head, if it looks like this one here http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/168/cpublock.jpg that I quickly googled, you'll have to use a flathead screwdriver or something similar to pry the metal clamps off (stick a small screwdriver into the crack where they clamped the metal band together and then twist it clockwise/counter-clockwise until the band opens up and will slip off the barb). Then just use normal worm drive clamps for the new tubing. Oh, and when you buy new tubing, make sure it is 1/8" walled. What you've got there is probably 1/16" walled, and that thin stuff does kink a lot.

yup your picture was completely correct. Thanks for the great advice I bought some clearflex 60 from www.crazypc.com will that do?

AlanD911 said:
yup your picture was completely correct. Thanks for the great advice I bought some clearflex 60 from www.crazypc.com will that do?
If it's the 3/8" ID 1/2" OD Clearflex I don't know how much, if any, improvement it will be (all depends on just how poor the stock tubing is). The 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD tubing gives you a total of 1/8" for both walls (look at a cross section of tubing) which is only 1/16" for each wall so it may not be any better.

Here's a link to 3/8" ID 5/8" OD 1/8" wall MasterKleer at McMaster-Carr http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/enter.asp?pagenum=82. This tubing has a very nice 1.125" bend radius and is only 45 cents a foot. If you call in an order they'll sell you lengths smaller than 25 feet, but I don't know if the online system will accept any other values... you could try it and see what happens.

Edit: I just looked at the "Chemical PVC" (aka Cleerflex) at McMaster (page 85). The 3/8" ID 1/2" OD tubing has a 2" bend radius which isn't that bad... it's also 23 cents a foot.

Last edited:
Back