• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Seti Problem!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
HELP ME!!!!!!

SETI has been having a problem for the past few days, and I don't know how to fix it!

SETI won't start.... Yeah... I'm serious. Whenever I boot up the computer (or just start SETISpy), it opens the SETI window, then closes it. Opens, then closes. It just repeats this endlessly. Dosen't even stay open long enough to click on the icon in the taskbar.

Only thing I did was install Bonzai Buddy (me... hate... monkey...) because of my little sister's begging and pleading. It started right after this. Can't unistall him cuz mom wants him to stay, along with my little sis. But this cant be the source of the problem becuase it won't even open after I close him down!

What could be wrong?!? Any sugestions? I'm going to re-install SETI if I can't get it to work right..

JigPu

Try uninstalling your little buddy and running it...then if it works you're unfortunately screwed, cause you're not allowed to have that off the computer.

Or you could try SETI from a different folder. Maybe the install of your buddy just messed up the folder it was in.

Will try as soon as I can. Gotta leave for school in 7 minutes....

JigPu

Well, so far, it looks like it's working....

I decided not to uninstall Bonzai, cuz he's a downloaded program, and would take forever to download again (56K sucks...). I deleted the SETI directory, re-downloaded SETI and Spy, moved SetiGate, and set it all up. So far, it looks like it's working. Hopefully I set it up right, so it can transmit.

JigPu

TC said:

Reminds me of that Dell commercial :D

You mean that one where the guy convinces his friend's mom to buy a Dell when they were at Best Buy or something comptuer shopping?

With that great Pentium 4??

"It's Feffercorn, actually..."
"Whatever..."
JigPu

Back