• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got the SB squeals

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Microsoft

Disabled
well i hope creative launces drivers soon after im in a game for a while the high pitched squal starts.

gotta hate those lazy *** basatards at creative, probably ATI employees

creative drivers suck....i tried to install the latest about a month or so ago and it told me i didn't have enough hdd space (geeeee, only 70 gigs free...)

i use the drivers that came with my card (back in march mind you) and they seem fine

yeah my sblive worked grerat its just that i had to use the audigy drivers on there cd and there not made for XP

those are the only ones they have and they play sound but be nice if they get off there asses and get the XP ones posted

Microsoft said:
well i hope creative launces drivers soon after im in a game for a while the high pitched squal starts.

gotta hate those lazy *** basatards at creative, probably ATI employees

Gotta hate those crap producing over-paid Nvidia guys.

:)

I love a good video card company fight.

reddeathdrinker said:
I'm running Liveware 3.0 from creative. Try it rather than the standard drivers.

tried that and it said i didn't have enough disk space...

You got your HD partitioned? Check your Windows drive. Make sure it isn't getting a bit low. Check the temp folder also. It might be clogged with stuff. I had a problem when I use to try and upgrade my SB drivers and it would give me some error. Had something to do with stuff being in my temp folder.

XP drivers out now...fixed some of my probs. Otherwise, I had a problem with my audigy sharing an IRQ (IRQ4) with my RAID controller. Whenever the array was accessed with a sound playing there were clicks and squeals. Had to set IRQ4 as reserved in CMOS to fix the problem cuz I couldn't specify under xp what IRQs the RAID and audigy would use. Also I muted my microphone playback volume because like a retard I had it up and with the mic next to my left-front speaker it'd spew out a horrible feedback squeal until it got reset to 0 by the OS during startup.

Back