• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

major problems with psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avalanche83

At least I think it is the psu. I use to be able to run 3dmark03 just fine at the stettings below in the A64 rig. Now at the same settings it won't run. Crashes after crashes. I am using the stock psu from the case. Has anyone experienced this before? Is my stock psu dying at a fast rate?

we kinda need the specs of the rig, I see you have them but neither mention the PSU. Sounds like your are getting these crashes at load, and the PSU can't handle it.

Your going to need to spend a bit more than 50.00. I'd get atleast a 400w forton.

avalanche83 said:
It is a generic 450w. What is a good psu for 50$ or less.
You can get a good power supply for $50 or less, but not one adequalely sized for your rig. The AX500-A Fortron ($73.13 from Ewiz.com) is the cheapest supply I can recommend for your application. Bear in mind that a good enough supply to serve your purposes costs what it costs, and that has nothing to do with whatever (unrealistic) restrictions you place on the purchase.

Back