• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New P180 Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the comparison kinda makes me want the cheaper antec. too bad the p180 is so damn sexy.

I have wanted that case ever since they previewed it at SPCR, and now I want it even more.

actauly I was somewhat disapointed by how it performed against the other case. I cancled my order for now, I still want to get one though. I'm a bit put off by the large amount of plastic. I'm thinking about getting a high end lian li...

obviously not if the cheaper antec performed as well or better. (as well in sound readings and cpu temps, better in vga cooling, subjectively worse in "sound signature" which is understandable considering the super case panels on the p180)

the plastic is there to dampen the noise and not have metal on metal.

zip22 said:
obviously not if the cheaper antec performed as well or better. (as well in sound readings and cpu temps, better in vga cooling, subjectively worse in "sound signature" which is understandable considering the super case panels on the p180)

I don't care about some plastc.. But the entire door hinge is plastic as well as the clips for the doors.

zip22 said:

I think you better read it again. P180 is a lot quieter

SPR said:
As a final proof of the superiority of the drive mounting system in the P180, the two systems were reverted to their original configurations, and measurements were made with the WD Raptor hard drive under heavy use. A large file copy was set up to ensure that the seek noise remained fairly constant while measurement was taking place. The 10 dBA/1m difference between the two systems is quite telling, but the most dramatic difference can be heard in the MP3 recordings of the seek noise.

In the P180, seeks sound much as they do in free air: They are short and sharp, although the composite panels of the P180 manage to take some of the bite out of their attack. On the other hand, the SLK3000B does nothing for the quality of the seek noise: The whole case is shaken with vibration and resonance when the drive is put to work.

And that is just one instance when it is quieter.

I like the p180.

I am, however, stuck with thw Vapochill XE II case. Vapo unit on top!! Unless one of you can recomend a likely case that can be modded to house the Vapo unit?

Back