• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Supply Problem????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NonyaDamnBiznes

Trying to figure out the problem with game playing. Freezes up and vpu recovery says "display driver stopped responding to the graphics accellerator"

This is the 3rd power supply I have tried. Same thing with all 3.

Downloaded all updates from microsoft, Intel, Abit, ATI

Pent 4 3.2 GHZ
Abit fatal1ty AA8XE MOBO
Kingston DDR2 4200 CL4 Non ECC 1GBx4
Windows XP PRO
ATI Radeon X600 PCI-E
Aopen DVD Rom
Liteon DVD/CD Burner
Sony Floppy
XConnect Ultra 500W PS

NonyaDamnBiznes said:
This is the 3rd power supply I have tried. Same thing with all 3.
If all 3 are junk (like the X-connect), it's hard to say. If any of the three are quality supplies of adequate size, it's pretty obviously not the supply.

OK, done a benchmark and everything is fine. The other power supplys wer JUNK. Local retailer has these; Need advice on which one to get.

Antec TruePower 430 W
Antec TrueControl 550W
Antec TPII 480W
Antec True 480W
Seasonic S12-600 S12 Series 600Watt
OCZ OCZ52012U 520W MODSTREAM
Enermax Power Supply EG365P-VE
ENERMAX EG701AX-VE 600W
ENERMAX EG565P-VE 535W

Pent 4 3.2 GHZ
Abit fatal1ty AA8XE MOBO
Kingston DDR2 4200 CL4 Non ECC 1GBx4
Windows XP PRO
ATI Radeon X600 PCI-E
Aopen DVD Rom
Liteon DVD/CD Burner
Sony Floppy

Seasonic is overkill but excellent, I'd go with the enermax 535 even though there's only 18A on each rai. Antecs i've heard have problems under load with drooping rails. And the Ocz modstream isn't as good as the powerstream.

My advice would be not to worry with what the local retailer has and buy the best supply for the job.

The budget choice is the AX500-A Fortron. It will power 90% of the rigs out there. For more extreme use the OCZ Powerstream 520, Sparkle FSP550-60PLG, or the PC Power&Cooling 510.

Of those on your list, the S12-600 Seasonic is the only one I would even sort of recommend. But the 18A it supplies the cpu could concievably be overcome by a Prescott with lots of clock, or a dual cpu or dual core machine. If you are buying it from a retailer the price must be astronomical, enough money to where I would prefer to know I had the same load-driving capability the OCZ PS520 and Sparkle 550 provide for a lot less, and this has not been demonstrated yet.

Let me put it this way. Money is no problem. Just want a darn good ps that I will not have to worry about running my system or if I update my system.
Right now I am dieing with this exconnect.(JUNK)
I don't have to get it from the local retailer, so I am open for suggestions.

NonyaDamnBiznes said:
I don't have to get it from the local retailer, so I am open for suggestions.
Well, I gave three three best choices, feel free to order the one that strikes your fancy.

Back