• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

psu question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryufreak

I picked up another venice....3 venices now. So anyways, the only spare psu i have is a sparkle 350w ATX-350GU +3.3V 20A, +5V 32A, +12V 16A, +5Vsb 2A, -5V 0.3A, -12V 0.8A. Will this power an asus a8n-e, 2 ide hd's, 1 dvd-rw, 1 cd-rw, 1 6600gt? No overclocking, running it stock for my uncle. Would this run? I might use a second PSU for the fans.

I run a 350 antec with a 9800 pro, WInchester 3200 @[email protected], One hard drive, 2 optical drives, and about thirteen fans. With a multimeter hooked up my 12v rail never drops below 11.88.

Sparkle is pretty up there as far as quality goes so i think u are more than safe. The only major difference i see between up is the 2 hard drives that he'll running. I think it will be more than enough power.

PSU requirements from the book include: at least 8A on the +12V lead and at least 1A on the +5 volt standby lead (+5VSB). The minimum recommended wattage is 350W. The system may become unstable or may not boot up if the power is not adequate

Looks like your PSU meets these minimum standards, although I don't know about the power needs of your additional components.

chris64 said:
Hey i was born in new port richey florida. Just noticed your avatar.
Just moved here last year :D

eaglescouter said:
PSU requirements from the book include: at least 8A on the +12V lead and at least 1A on the +5 volt standby lead (+5VSB). The minimum recommended wattage is 350W. The system may become unstable or may not boot up if the power is not adequate

Looks like your PSU meets these minimum standards, although I don't know about the power needs of your additional components.

I'ma sell the parts instead..I buy too much stuff, but 117$ for a venice, i had to get it

Back