• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum have problems(glitch) with 166 dividers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've had no problems with dividers on this board. Both 133 and 166 have worked for me.
I've read about almost every other kind of problem... :)

The only time I had problems with dividers was when I was running HyperX ram that had been manufactured in 2003. When I switched to a later manufacture of the exact same ram (12-04 vs 8-03) the problem disappeared. Currently I am running tccd with a 166 divider and it's quite stable.

I had trouble running 250htt with the 166 divider. Any other htt works except 250Mhz. Thats the only problem I have had.

my mushkin ran fine with dividers but i got some value vx and curently tring some 4000 vx and no dividers are working for me.

spydey, why are you running 1.5 bios? Does it help the OC? Im having trouble getting clocks over 2.52 stable. Also, does you board seem to undervolt? IDK why, but I set mine to be 1.55 but cpu-z and the health monitor in the bios read 1.48?

Superjed said:
spydey, why are you running 1.5 bios? Does it help the OC? Im having trouble getting clocks over 2.52 stable. Also, does you board seem to undervolt? IDK why, but I set mine to be 1.55 but cpu-z and the health monitor in the bios read 1.48?
I don't know about undervolting, but I can tell you OC wise that there is not much difference between any of the bio's. The 1.36 has extra vcore, +18%, but other than that they are all fairly equal.

im on the 1.8 right now havent updated my sig im still tring to get everything running right
im not settling for 2t when i have a gig of bh-6 special and 4000 vx
i dont know if its my ram slots or the ddr booster but only the bh-6 works with dividers
and the vx wont run at its default settings so when i have time im gonna install this bios and see if it helps any of the ram.

Back