• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte K8nf-9 With No Sata Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slix_88

Registered
I just recently purchased a GA K8NF-9 and for some reason didn' receive any SATA drivers?????

Combined with a 200GB Seagate HDD SATA, I am unable to get through the Windows installation process. I insert a FLOPPY containing the SATA DRIVERS (got off net) and the WIN XP cd upon start-up and receive a message in DOS, "please remove all floppy".

I then initialise the Windows Installation, and press F6 consistently, but no box opens up . Windows formats my "132GB" disk and places all the installation files onto the disk. Then it tells me to restart. I restart, and it takes me back to the same installation screen, without proceeding. Thus, i am literally STUCK!!!

Is it because of the SATA DRIVERS or WINDOWS XP? Do I need to install from a pre-installed SP2 disk coz my CD is standard?

Back