• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF? i am annoyed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shard

ok, i just got my new 2800+ A64 and i was realy happy that i was getting a newcastle, but i get it and it has this on it

ADA2800AEP4AP
CAAOC 0512VPMW
1237277D50222

isnt that a claw? if so, i am royaly ****ed, its even in the newer newcastle boxes

somebody set me strait

well i was just talking to @md0cer and he says it might be a disabled FX-53 :D:D:D:D

the only thing that throws me, is the date, i thought quit making claws back in october?

Perhaps you shouldn't be annoyed and we should be annoyed if you have got infact an FX-53!

Really sorry to disappoint you, but its not just a ClawHammer, its a C0 clawhammer, which is a lot worse than a new castle.
If you were buying from newegg, and specifically had ordered a chip with ADA2800AXBOX, then you can return the chip as that's not what you've recieved.

I think @md0cer is confusing the "AP"s with the 3500+ "AS" (which were potentially cache disabled FX53's). The Coolest has it right on the money.

LOL good luck w/ that Pat, hope you can get into CPU-Z and figure out what it is, and hopefully get newegg to get you the right one.

but how? the week is what is realy screwy, i could have sworn they quit making them back in october.

please someone explain the date, so i can decide on wether to keep this or not

That is an assembly date they may have stopped fabbing them but it doesnt mean there are no stocks sitting at the Malaysian assembly plant. Exactly the same situation as mobile Bartons which are still appearing with 2005 asembly dates.

ok then, i shall send it back, just ****es me off that this happened to me, first time buying new stuff, and i need it all for next weekend, any idea on how fast newegg is with RMA's?

shard said:
ok then, i shall send it back, just ****es me off that this happened to me, first time buying new stuff, and i need it all for next weekend, any idea on how fast newegg is with RMA's?

It will take at least a week for replacements, and even that is a bit of an understatement. You'd be better served just buying the replacing flat out and going for an RMA refund.

deception``

shard said:
great, i dont have the money to buy another CPU and get the refund later, thanks newegg, you realy made my ****ing day

pm that newegg guy i bet he could hook you up.

i just did, i tried to not let any of my anger bleed through. but its hard, i needed this for next week, but i guess its shard's luck, if it aint one thing, its another one trying to screw me over

you'll be happy in the end...arn't you going from a little celly to this?

yeah, but still, i dont like having my money taken away for stuff that i didnt order, i was planning on having this new rig up and running by the 13th, so i could have a great vacation. ugh

well maybe the newegg guy can work out a cross ship or somthing. :)

i am praying so, i am not mad at them, i am mad that i got screwed at the worst possible time. i just want them to set this right, and reconsile their mistake, by doing something like that, or overnight shipping back

Back