• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amber core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aeiou

Is this amber core new or something? I have never seen it before, but I got one when I was in linux. not sure if I like it. only 69pt. credit, although it does seem to be folding fast.

No it's not really new but I'm glad its going fast for you because if I remember correctly they were very slow for my machines.

Stanford said:
AMBER (an acronym for Assisted Model Building and Energy Refinement) is a force field for molecular dynamics originally developed by Peter Kollman's group in the University of California, San Francisco. AMBER is also the name for the molecular dynamics simulation package associated with this force field, now coordinated by David A. Case at Scripps Research Institute. A notable use of AMBER is in the distributed computing project Folding@home where it was recently (as of October 15, 2004) in the simulation of protein folding.

I havent gotten one yet, but one of my borgs is working on a tinker that takes 84 hours for 28pts. The same machine will finish one of the 240pt tinkers in the same time period. Kind of a rip.

bringing this back to life, my linux clients all got amber's average 200 points.

box 2 (since it has been active = qmd every time)

others vary (windows) sometimes, more than others gromacs.

Back